Couch Talks 5 with...

Another great interview with a talented girl in SL, she is from Chile, a great model in SL and now she started a new adventure like a Fashion Designer.
Hannah Naimarc
LV:Hi Hannah How are you?
HN:Hi, great thank you, oh! Love your home
LV: Thank you :), is a little place but is comfy, I not use as much that I want, but is my little virtual home :)

LV: Like always I have to ask about your beginnings in SL, I love to hear the stories of all when they started :)
HN: W4ell. it started out of nowhere. I never thought I could design anything but one day I took my curiosity a little further and just made my first t-shirt, and it looked like crap hahaha but then started to work more and more in it and finally made things worth putting in a store.
LV: lol same with me, I even know how to make a cube :), and when I knew it I became addicted :), I love to build and see all the things that we can create here.
HN:hahaaah yes, it gets you addicted, and you wanna do better and better and you want to prove yourself you can do it :)
LV: yes is an addiction :)

LV: Why you became a model and how did you start?
HN: oh wow, i didn't know you could model in SL until, lets see.....mmm july or august of 2009, when i find out it was a huge industry, and i told myself i wanted to be part of it, It took me a lot of work to get in a model agency/academy and quite a few lindens, but i saved up and did it. Since then, i've been in photo shoots, tons of runway shows and also live modeling for some big names.
LV: hehe when I started SL, maybe my 10th day a girl ask me to do a few pics, and payed 20L loooool and give me a bikini haha, for m e was like OMGGGG! I did a modeling job hahaha, with the neewby skin and outfits lol, since then I want to be a model, but I started to build and take another way in SL :)
HN: hahaah yes its always fun to hear everyones stories on how they started, they are all so different!
LV: Was hard to make people know you?
HN: incredibly hard! omg you don't know how hard! In modeling i think I'm still very unknown and even more now cause i left it a little aside to use my time in designing! My store PopCorn is getting a lot more recognition now, but it takes a ton of time and dedication, always looking for some way to promote. A little time after i started the brand, when it still had no name i decided to ask my sl/rl sister to join me and make stuff with me, wich was a great decision and I'm very happy about it.
In modeling theres sooooo much competition its crazy! and it gets pretty fierce too. But with clothes, with the right look and prices you can get your name well known.

LV: What you think are your special features that makes you different and a great model in SL?
HN: plus i get to model for my own brand hahahaha!! I think what makes me special as a model is being different! I've always noticed how most models in sl look so beautiful in a very formal way but i decided i didn't want that, and it took a toll on me. I've been compared to Kate Moss in the way i look, I've been called i have an alienish beauty and those are huge compliments to me. I've been rejected a few times because i don't "fit their standards of beauty" but i refuse to change my basic look to suit them. Different is good.

LV: You have almost 2 years in SL, you think that Fashion Industry and Modeling has changed a lot since you started?
HN: I think fashion in sl sure changed just like rl fashion. Whats trendy in rl also is in sl. Designers take inspiration in rl fashion and bring it to sl and i love that! and about modeling, i also think so. Now people have a more open mind when they choose their models. They give us, the underdogs, the different ones, a chance to show off their clothes and look fabulous doing it. Faces on vendors a stores look less and less like a pageant queen and more like rl models.
LV: More realistic poses, walks, HUDs, sculpted items, skins, hairs, etc.

LV: Any fun or bad experience in the runway? not mentioning that my worst one was with you lol at Maritima in a Fashion Show.
HN: Oh worst experiences have to be crashing the sim, or forgetting a runway formation or wait! being naked just before you have to walk out!!!! I stress quite a lot when things don't go perfectly but in the end, everything works out and everyone has a great time! Some of my fave shows are by JSE Model agency, because they also aim beyond perfection, they aim for fun, with amazing dances on the runway or snowman costumes for the grand finale. People do get bored watching 20 models strut their stuff for 2 hours, you need to make it interesting!
Its such a good agency, family based you know? and always a laugh.

LV: You like more Runway, print or instore modeling?
HN: Runway is my fave cause it challenges you! To fight lag or learn a hard formation a day before the show, and style an outfit to make it fabulous. Instore is cool but for now, i left it behind me cause i cant afford all the time it takes from my rl. Print is good too , i love seeing the final results of pics :D But if i had to choose, its runway
LV: yes same, print is great because stays, but runway is the coolest.

LV: Now you started a new adventure, POPCORN :), tell me a little about this, why that name?
HN: Oh we had quite a hard time finding a perfect name, but i made the decision with my sister. I love how popcorn sounds fun, and quirky and not so serious. Cause thats what the brand is all about. Not taking yourself so seriously, dress down from time to time and let your hair down. The name just came to mind one day and my sister AshleyAsh Littleboots loved it and it stayed with us. Plus, who doesnt like popcorn right? It makes an ok movie perfect, just like i hope our brand can make an ok day in sl, brighter and happier.
LV: so you and your sis design together?
[HN: yes, we actually are divided in what we design for now. She is working on the male stuff and i work on the female, cause we want to reach everyone in sl. But she has some pretty cute dresses coming up soon too. I let her know my ideas for designs and she gives me the thumbs up when she likes something. It's a mutual thing, we support each other :) She's my rl sister and we live in the same house so it makes everything easier!!!
LV fantastic that is so cool, like [sYs} they are rl sisters too and work together is amazing having that chance and both like the same, yay for you :)
HN: awww i didn't know that!! thats awesome!!! it does make it a little extra special, and its less likely to have a huge fight and close down the brand lol
LV: yes I interview them together and was fun too, like this interview I love to do them because all have great stories and great personalities :)
LV: What are your expectations with popcorn? make it big or more exclusive?
HN: Obviously id love to see the store make it big, but its not my first goal. For now i want to keep it friendly, with a small store that people can feel comfortable in. I've had people compliment the store, saying its really cute, and i want to keep it cute. Thats one of the words i use to describe PopCorn. So for now, im keeping it family based, with the loyal customers i have now and hopefully the ones i will gain over time. I like bumping into customers at the store and talking to them :) I also anwser each IM i get. I don't want someone to manage the store for me, not now. It's my baby! :)
I like using myself and friends for models, rather than big names in sl modeling. It keeps it in the "family" and very unpretentious. i like that.
LV: What makes you shine with Popcorn from the other brands?
HN: I think its just a fun place for people who don't take themselves so seriously and who are into pop culture. Who will laugh if they see the "team snooki" tee for example. We like to keep up to date with whats going on in pop culture in rl. Hopefully that catches peoples attention.
LV: What you like more modeling or make fashion? or both ;)
HN: oh wow i like both for different reasons but i have to say, making the clothes you'd love to see and wear in rl has got to be the best thing, and you just hope other people will like it too.
LV: I'm sure they will, you have the passion and want to do it, you'll shine with your store :)
HN: awww thats really sweet of you, and youre right. The passion is there :)

LV: Thank you so much Hannah for giving me the opportunity to interview you, all the best for you with PopCorn and in your model career, was fun and like always I love it and enjoy it a lot, to finish, you want to say something for all the models or the ones who think in be one?

HN: Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to talk about fashion, wich is a passion of mine. And to all the new models out there, just be patient, turn the other check and don't quit. Its hard, sometimes you will want to cry cause its a harsh world in fashion, but if you really really want it, then fight for it. Be persistent and passionate, and you will see how things fall into place. It might take longer than you expected but in the end, you will have everything you always wanted.
LV: I already cryed loool
HN: awwww, rejection is so hard to handle, even if its through a computer

LV: I really liked this interview you are a sweet girl and you know what you want and like and you'll have success in anything :)
HN: awww thanks soo much :) you are quite the interviewer! great questions and blog, so you keep doing this, you dont know how much it helps people :)
LV: thank you and I know, was hard, at the beginnings not too much people read the blog and now more than 4500 hits YAY :) after 4 hard work months :)))

Thank you to all for read my blog, for your support and I hope you like the things that I post for you :)
Have a great week.
XOXO
Lua

To visit PopCorn here is your Limo

Comments