2nd Annual Adopt A Family Benefit

Hi :), this time is about giving, not receiving :), we love to receive things and we can have them, because if we are in SL is because or we have a computer, and /or internet connection, a few L$ to spend in all the fantastic things that this magical virtual world offers to us.

But, a lot of people can't have even a little gift to give to the childrens or food to put in Christmas dinner, and this is the reason why AAF (Adopt a Family) doing this events trying to raise funds, to make all the people that they can a little happier these season.
I will help in the way that I can, donating, blogging, will be in the Acution, this is my little contribution in this virtual world, to make someone happy in the real world :)


A note from Lacie Beningborough.

Christmas is coming and for many of us, it is a time of joy, family, happiness and cheer. We look forward to seeing family and friends, to laughter, and togetherness.
For some though, the holiday season is a time filled with stress and worry. These difficult  economic times that we live in bring that much more stress to this time of year.
That is why I have founded the Adopt A Family Benefit.

This began in November of 2009, when it was brought to my attention that a family was in very dire need that year. They were in jeopardy of losing everything, the husband had just lost his job and she had two chronically ill children.

I was so saddened by this that I began this  benefit for her.
In three weeks, to my astonishment, we were able to raise a tremendous amount of  USD for this family.

I said it would become a tradition, and with that promise behind me, I am back to do it again this year.
This time I would like to help more than one family. I would like to help as many families as I possibly can.

I approached Mr. Frolic Mills about this and he has donated the Patch Thibaud Auditorium and the possible inclusion of the new MISS VIRTUAL WORLD alongside with the contest's finalists.

"Since we don't know who they will be yet, we can't confirm the assistance of them all, but we will do our best." He said.

We are hoping this will be an opportunity to see the newly crowned queen in her first show !

How awesome is that?

Nominees:  If you know of someone who is experiencing financial difficulty this holiday season and would like to submit them for this benefit, please send me a note card with their avatar name, a brief description of why you feel they would be good candidates for this, and your full avatar name. Your name will not be released to the person you nominate, unless you have given express permission to do so in a no mod note card, created and signed by you.

If you have a venue, please contact myself to get a donation box  and info board for your venue.They are only one prim and the donation boxes are the biggest  source of revenue for this benefit. Please help us to help others this Christmas. ♥

Take part in this wonderful opportunity to give back to those around us that make our lives so rich.
I look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Warmest regards,

Lacie Beningborough.
CEO
Adopt A Family Christmas Benefit


This benefit is to take place on 
December 21st, 2010
at 1:00 pm SLT 

Donation Box are around SL, I set one in my Christmas Store, here is your direct LM, any amount is welcomed, your donation can make a big difference this Christmas :)) Thank you in Lacie's name

Comments